Autodesk Enhances Geospatial Solutions - 13/02/2007
Autodesk, Inc. (CA, USA) has released enhancements to its AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 and AutoCAD Raster Design 2008 geospatial software products, which further improve the integration of geospatial data by planning, engineering and operations personnel in utilities and municipal governments.
AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 includes new FDO features to improve users' ability to access and share data more effectively, regardless of its location or file type. Key enhancements in the latest release include:
- Faster access to data using FDO data access technology -- up to 90% faster.
- Capacity for more powerful analysis and visualisation of GIS and CAD data.
- Tools for easier import, export and publication of data.
- Enhanced interoperability with other AutoCAD-based applications for publication of fully stylised maps.
Built on the AutoCAD platform and easily added to AutoCAD-based products, Raster Design 2008 helps improve the overall productivity of design teams by helping to streamline access to scanned paper drawings, maps, aerial photos, digital elevation models, satellite imagery and similar digital design data. Using Raster Design software's advanced vectorisation, raster editing and analysis tools, designers can make the most of their image archives, improve decision making, and enhance project presentations.
AutoCAD Raster Design 2008 provides several new features and improvements, including:
- More options for inclusion of imagery in multiple formats, and support for multi-frame images.
- Tools for faster conversion and verification, editing and image clean-up.
- Tools for preparation of raster data for AutoCAD-based applications, and image capture for better interoperability with AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 software.
Source: AutodeskLast updated: 20/11/2019