International Remote Sensing Survey - 17/01/2006
Global Marketing Insights, Inc. (OH, USA) has completed the study entitled ‘Survey and Analysis of Remote Sensing Market, Aerial and Spaceborne’ and delivered the final report to the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Satellite and Information Service Division.
NOAA has accepted the final report and posted it as a PDF for downloading by the public at their website.
The NOAA Satellite and Information Service Division contracted Global Marketing Insights to conduct a research study of the international remote sensing market as it relates to aerial and satellite data technologies. Global Marketing Insights created a series of extensive online surveys covering issues related to eight sectors of the remote sensing market: aerial film, aerial digital, aerial sensors, satellites, commercial end users, value added hardware and software, academic, and government. These surveys were completed by geospatial industry professionals and end users worldwide between February and August 2005.
Participants in all segments of the geospatial industry will find valuable market insight in the Survey and Analysis of Remote Sensing Market report. Some of these trends and insights include:
- U.S. and Canadian users see Homeland Security and Defence issues as driving future technological development.
- In Europe, the development of the European Union will dictate the remote sensing sector progress.
- Asian and African participants believe that remote sensing data becoming more commoditised will allow them greater access.
- The U.S. aerial imaging sectors expect strong growth with the continuation mergers and acquisitions, consolidating in larger companies.
- Internationally, growth in the aerial mapping sector will continue to occur within small companies. Last updated: 04/08/2020