The Leica BLK3D 3D imager, which began shipping to customers last month, has received multiple prestigious global design and innovation awards. Designed to impact the work of professionals across a range of industries, including architecture, construction, public safety and real estate, the compact handheld BLK3D improves productivity by enabling instant, precise 3D measurements from any image it captures.
Accolades for the Leica Geosystems' Leica BLK3D include:
• CES 2019 Innovation Awards Best of Innovation Honouree. The annual CES Innovation Awards programme celebrates outstanding product design and engineering in brand-new consumer technology products across 28 product categories.
• BAKA Award for Product Innovation 2019. Announced at the international construction trade fair BAU in Munich, Germany, the BLK3D secured this special prize for its innovative technology, design quality, efficiency and versatility. The award recognizes exceptional product ideas and solutions for use in renovation and renewal projects.
• 2018 Good Design Award. Acknowledges the BLK3D as a groundbreaking measurement innovation designed to create an intuitive user experience.
• Wichmann Innovation Awards. Recognized for its innovation, user-friendliness and practicality, the BLK3D was awarded the first-place prize for hardware in the Wichmann Innovations Award programme held during INTERGEO in Frankfurt, Germany. The Wichmann awards are decided jointly by a panel of experts and votes from the industry.
• Prism Awards Finalist 2019. Sponsored by the International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE), the Prism Awards for Photonics Innovation is a leading international competition that honours the best new photonic products on the market. The BLK3D has been selected has a finalist in the Imaging & Cameras category.
“The Leica BLK3D is a clear example of how Leica Geosystems and Hexagon are leading the democratization of reality capture - it’s so easy to operate virtually anyone can use it,” said Tobias Heller, senior product manager from Hexagon’s Geosystems Division. “The BLK3D simplifies data collection and makes exclusive technologies available to a wide variety of professionals, helping to further digitalize traditionally manual industries. It represents a perfect fusion of robustness and simplicity with ergonomic and appealing design, and its multiple award wins are testament to this.”