POSPac MMS 8 Featuring Post-processed Trimble CenterPoint RTX Service - 12/10/2016
Applanix has introduced POSPac MMS 8 GNSS-aided inertial post-processing software for georeferencing data collected from cameras, Lidars, multibeam sonar and other sensors on mobile platforms. The announcement was made on 11 October 2016 at Intergeo 2016, the world's largest conference on geodesy, geoinformatics and land management.
Using the Trimble CenterPoint RTX subscription service with RTX technology, POSPac MMS 8 delivers significant new benefits for mobile mapping from land, air, marine and UAV platforms:
- Achieve centimetre-level accuracy within one hour after data collection with just an internet connection – no need to wait for delivery of public-domain ephemeris data, providing productivity gains
- Map inaccessible regions that have no existing Continuously Operation Reference Stations (CORS) without the cost of deploying local base stations
- Attain consistent and reliable uptime using Trimble’s professionally managed, highly maintained private network
- Automatically survey in dedicated base stations direct from POSPac - streamline map production workflow
POSPac MMS 8 also includes several new features to make deployment simpler and more efficient:
- Avoid rework using the ‘know before you go’ Quality Control software– POSPac 8 includes a separate QC software that can be commuted to the field for running Quality Control on the GNSS observations to ensure accuracy specifications can be met before leaving the project area
- Single floating software license provides increased flexibility by setting up any computer to act as a server, share a single license across a network or between computers
- Faster throughput with 64-bit processing
POSPac MMS 8 is expected to be available worldwide in the fourth quarter of 2016 through the Applanix sales channel.
Last updated: 19/01/2017