The Technical Commission WG VI/2 has organised the sixth Computer Assisted Teaching CONtest “CATCON 6” at the ISPRS Congress in Prague. The winners of this contest are:
- Learning Photogrammetry with Interactive Software Tool PhoX by Thomas Luhmann.
- The e-foto Software: A free, Digital Photogrammetric Workstation for Educational Purposes by Jorge Luis Nunes e Silva Brito, et al.
- GeoSquare: a collaborative online geospatial information sharing and geoprocessing platform for education and research by Huayi Wu, et al.
The main objective of the contest is to promote the development and dissemination of effective, educational and user-friendly
- multimedia tutorials,
- simulations and virtual environments,
- information packages or data sets, and
- application software
- designed and used specifically for computer assisted teaching (CAT) in photogrammetry, remote sensing or GIS.
In general, it is preferable for the CAT tutorial, software or data set to be non-commercial and provided to users without licence charges or other fees for non-profit use. Since many ISPRS attendees were interested in this contest at three previous Congresses, this is a very good opportunity to show the effectiveness and utility of your CAT product.
Make your inbox more interesting.Add some geo.
Keep abreast of news, developments and technological advancement in the geomatics industry.Sign up for free