World GPS Market Forecast to 2012 Now Available - 25/03/2008
Research and Markets (Ireland) has announced the addition of World GPS Market Forecast to 2012 to their offering.
The report provides a comprehensive review on the market trends, drivers, challenges, and opportunities that are vital for the success of GPS industry across the world. Analysis is presented for major geographic markets such as the US, Canada, Europe, Japan, and other Asian countries like India and China. The report gives a detailed analysis on the end-user applications, including In-Vehicle Navigation, Survey/Mapping, Machine Control and others.
- Currently, Japan has the highest in-vehicle navigation system penetration followed by North American and European countries.
- The 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing and Shanghai World Expo in 2010 are expected to trigger an explosion in the commercial telematics market in China.
- With the rapid development of GPS market in countries like China and India, majority of navigation systems are anticipated to be shipped in Asia-Pacific by 2012.
- Taiwan has emerged as a manufacturing destination for GPS products on the global map, attracting major players to set up their production facilities in the country.
- With the growing demand for navigational services, the global market for Location Based Services (LBS) is likely to grow at a CAGR of more than 104%.
- As of 2007, PNDs dominated the GPS device market with more than 90% market share. However, this share is expected to get disturbed by the availability of GPS-enabled handsets that will account for an estimated 78% market share by 2012 end.
- Opportunities remain untapped for various vertical segments of GPS market, like in new advanced access devices, chipset availability, and PND market.