This September/October issue is focused on the largest annual trade show for the geospatial industry, Intergeo. One of the key themes of both Intergeo and this edition of GIM International is smart cities. 3D geospatial data plays a crucial role in the smart city concept. The image on the front cover shows high-resolution geodata displayed in the Vricon Telco Suite, a software solution that enables companies to analyse urban, suburban and rural areas precisely and quickly. Courtesy: Vricon (www.vricon.com)
This issue contains the following articles:
- Leading Four Decades of Innovation in Lidar Technology
- Use of GIS in Smart City Projects
- Point Clouds and Smart Cities
- The Shifting World of Professional Mapping
- Automatic Object Detection in Point Clouds
- Which Photogrammetry Solutions Are Surveyors Waiting For?
- What’s to See at Intergeo 2018?