Seeking a Co-editor-in-chief for the ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing - 01/09/2014
The flagship journal of the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS), the ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (P&RS) seeks a second editor-in-chief, responsible for optical remote sensing. Published by Elsevier B.V., the journal is one of the top-ranked in remote sensing (impact factor 3.313 and 5-year impact factor 4.026). Due to splendid development over the past few years, a second editor-in-chief is needed to work along with editor-in-chief Derek Lichti, University of Calgary, to further the journal’s aim to be a channel of communication for scientists and professionals in all countries working in the many disciplines of photogrammetry, remote sensing, computer vision and other related fields. The scope of the journal is extensive and covers sensors, theory and algorithms, systems, experiments, developments and applications. A list of topic areas can be found at:
* Manage the editorial process for papers submitted to the Journal in the area of optical remote sensing.
* Ensure high-quality scientific content for the Journal, taking into account the aims and scope and Elsevier's editorial policies.
* Work closely with the associate editors and guest editors who will report to the successful candidate.
* Work closely with the incumbent editor-in-chief on matters of the Journal's strategic direction and manuscript decisions (general philosophy, editorial speed, ethics and difficult cases).
Experience and required qualities:
* The successful candidate should have a demonstrated track record of publishing high-quality papers in peer-reviewed journals.
* The successful candidate should have editorial experience.
* This position demands a great deal of time, so the successful candidate must not only possess strong time-management skills, but must also have the capacity to devote the necessary time to the job.
* Strong written English communication skills.
Candidates with demonstrated commitment to P&RS (as an author, reviewer, associate editor or guest editor) are highly encouraged to apply. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter with statement of previous experience and vision for the journal and CV to Christian Heipke, ISPRS secretary general, by 15 September 2014 [[email protected]].