New Council and New Structure for ISPRS
A new ISPRS Council was elected during the General Assembly that took place at the ISPRS Congress in Prague. Christian Heipke will succeed Chen Jun as ISPRS President. More importantly, the structure of the ISPRS Commissions has now been established: instead of the previous 8 Commissions, there are now 5 Commissions so as to better represent the current state of knowledge in the field.
An overview of the new 2016-2020 Council members is listed below:
- ISPRS President: Christian Heipke, Germany
- ISPRS Secretary General: Lena Halounová, Czech Republic
- ISPRS Congress Director: Nicolas Paparoditis, France
- ISPRS 1st Vice President: Chen Jun, China
- ISPRS 2nd Vice President: Charles Toth, USA
- ISPRS Treasurer: Songnian Li, Canada
ISPRS Commissions 2016-2020
- Commission I: Sensor Systems with Stefan Hinz (President) and Raul Feitosa (Vice-President)
- Commission II: Photogrammetry with Fabio Remondino (President) and Takashi Fuse (Vice President)
- Commission III: Remote Sensing with Jiang Jie (President) and Ahmed Shaker (Vice President)
- Commission IV: Spatial Information Science with Sisi Zlatanova (President) and Suzanna Dragicevic (Vice President)
- Commission V: Education and Outreach with A Senthi Kumar (President) and PLN Raju (Vice President)
Photo: The new commission Presidents, from left to right: Stefan Hinz, Fabio Remondino, Jie Jang, Sisi Zlatanova, PLN Raju.
Make your inbox more interesting.Add some geo.
Keep abreast of news, developments and technological advancement in the geomatics industry.Sign up for free