New iTrax Multiplatform OEM GPS Receivers - 30/05/2006
Fastrax Ltd. (Finland) released the new iTrax Multiplatform family of OEM GPS receivers. The iTrax Multiplatform approach provides a common form factor between multiple OEM GPS receiver models with different chipsets.
The iTrax Multiplatform family includes the iTrax300, iTrax130 and iTrax03-S receivers, powered by SiRFstar III, Sony CXD2985 and u-Nav uN2110 chipsets, respectively. The increased range of choices allows consumer electronics manufacturers and OEMs to select the optimum receiver for each application, product and market segment.
All iTrax Multiplatform receivers offer high sensitivity and superb navigation performance even in difficult urban canyon environments. User-configurable power management makes iTrax Multiplatform receivers ideally suited to battery-operated systems requiring low power and small sleep state current drain.
Key features of the iTrax Multiplatform product family:
- includes Fastrax iTrax300, iTrax130 and iTrax03-S receivers
- form factor: 16.2 x 18.8 x 2.3mm
- sensitivity down to -157 dBm
- power consumption down to 34 mA
- common connectivity
- NMEA and binary protocols
- two serial ports
- 1PPS output
- GPIO available for custom purposes
- other peripherals include SPI bus, MMC bus, Capture Timer input, Pulse Measurement input, A/D converter depending on the module.